Cantina Enrico Serafino was founded in 1878 in Canale d’Alba, one of the main towns of the Roero district and a farming centre with a long history that can be traced back to the early Middle Ages. Established by businessman and landowner Enrico Serafino, the winery soon became one of the most important in Piedmont and among the first to sell the region’s classic wines throughout Italy and abroad.
During the 1990s the production facilities were completely modernised. Since 2002 the entire production process has been internally monitored and controlled using state-of-the art equipment for pressing, vinification and bottling.
The estate is characterised by the production of the classic Piedmontese wines of the area, first and foremost Roero, Arneis and Barbera, but also the noble, elegant Barolo and Barbaresco, made from Nebbiolo grown on the neighbouring Langhe hillsides.
Alta Langa provides the grapes for the production of extraordinarily characterful, original Metodo Classico sparkling wines.